Make the most of the fresh pears available this season with this recipe that lets you enjoy the goodness of fruits and the deliciousness of dessert in one serving. Pears are a rich source of minerals and vitamins that are needed by your body. Enjoy this recipe for breakfast, as a dessert or just a post-workout snack.
- 3 semi-ripe Pears (semi-ripe, halved) 3
- Water 3½ cups
- Kaloree1 (crushed and powdered) 10 tablets
- Lemon Rind 1
- Lemon Juice 1
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- Cinnamon Sticks 2
- Cloves 2
- Whole Star Anise 1
- Take a medium – sized pot and place medium heat.
- Add the water, vanilla, lemon rind, lemon juice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and star anise.
- Add in the pears, reducing the heat to a medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until the pears are soft taking care not to overcook the pears.
- Remove from the heat, and transfer to a bowl along with half the liquid and allow to cool down.
- Sprinkle Kaloree1 (sugar free tablets) over the pears when ready to eat.
- Note: This dessert can be had as is, as an accompaniment with plain vanilla ice-cream or as a garnish with porridge, oats or muesli for a healthy and tasty addition to your breakfast.