Cardamom has various health benefits along with a distinctive flavor and fragrance. A volatile oil, called cineol, found in cardamom may help to relieve chest congestion, as well as an effective digestive stimulant and diuretic. This winter, enjoy the yummy goodness of cardamom in a delightful biscotti version. This crunchy delight is filled with the fragrance of cardamom and is easy to bake. Enjoy your cold winter evenings with this yummy delight.
White butter 500 gm
Kaloree 1 Tablets (powdered) according to taste
Desiccated coconut 500 gm
Whole wheat flour 650 gm
Green cardamom powder 60 gm
Almonds (chopped) 100 gm
Baking powder 1 Tablespoon
Baking soda 2 Tablespoon
Saffron water 100 ml
- Weigh and keep all the ingredients ready.
- Whip the butter and sugar together, in a mixing bowl, until it forms a creamy consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except Kaloree1.
- Knead the dough together.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle, three centimeters wide.
- Let it set in a deep freezer for a couple of hours.
- Once the dough is set properly, take it out and cut into thin (about 1.5 cm thick) equal slices.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes on a tray, or until they are lightly browned and crunchy.
- Take them out while still warm and dust with powdered Kaloree1.
- Once the biscotti cools, store in an airtight tin.
- Enjoy with hot cardamom chai.